Mitred Plywood?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

opinion free

0210151731.jpg
Hi All,
First, I hate computers. I typed out a real nice message and my computer went crazy and it's lost. ERRRRR!

Ok. Continuing on the attached awning structure.
I need to hang a 2 foot by 10 foot piece of plywood on a downward angle from the house, awning style.
I'm attaching a 2x4 to the house (can't use a 2x6 here because of electric conduit in the way, SEE PICTURE). The plywood will extend 2 feet out and down. Since plywood can't really be mitred, how do I attach it to the house and then attach the bottom of the plywood, again at an angle?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

I guess I don't understand. You can miter plywood, but from the picture I don't see why you would have to. Lots of quality caulk, and hope for the best.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ponch37300

I too do not understand where you need to miter the ply?
HouseMedic

If you are talking about where the plywood touches the house you don't need it that tight, just but it up to the house and use flashing over the seem. By the way, you can miter plywood. I do it all the time by using a trim circular saw. I think you might have opened a big can of worm with this project. Would it not be easier and cheaper to just purchase an aluminum awning?

Ron