Are Wall Mirrors Behind Corner Garden Tub Safe?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kailor

Thanks for the reset, Greg.

Do you consider mirrors on walls behind a corner garden tub to be safe? These are 2 large mirrors, one on each wall. They are glued onto the sheet-rock walls with cheesy picture frame nailed to the wall around them. I'm in the process of bringing my third mobile home rental property online and wanted to get the thoughts of other people on this matter while I'm in the process of reworking the master bathroom.

Thanks,
Keith
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
Greg

If they are installed right I would not worry about them falling off(you should try taking a mirror off the wall sometime) They are as safe as a window, they WILL break if they are hit like any mirror.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
kailor

I did take the mirror off the wall in this bathroom as we are rearranging things. It was stuck on there very well with the glue used at the factory (1994 model)! It came off in hundreds of pieces! I guess I'm over-thinking the safety factor.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
Greg

The mirrors in our place are held on with double sided foam tape. About the only way that I have found to get off in 1 piece is by using thin wire between the glass & wall and sawing through the tape.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."