Vinyl U_channel for Hot water tank cover.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

FLIENLOW

Hi All-

During my remodel I have managed to loose the Vinyl Molding that goes around the 1/4" drywall cover for the hot water tank closet. I have search high and low at the home stores, google has failed me. Does anyone know where I can get some?

Or have any ideas or a work around for the 1/4 dry cover?

Thanks!
Norm Frechette

GOOGLE found this. click on an image to see if its right for you

https://www.google.com/search?q=plastic ... CAcQ_AUoAg
Greg

Try taking a walk through the vinyl siding section at Lowes or H.D. and see that may work. For a couple of bucks you can get creative and try some things.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

They make a plastic trim for those pebble grain FRP (fiberglass reinforced panel) used in bathrooms.The panels are"old school" like you would find in a gas station or seedy bar bathroom. Just ask someone in the lumber section for FRP panel trim.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
FLIENLOW

I have found nothing that will work :(
Norm Frechette

FLIENLOW wrote: have any ideas or a work around for the 1/4 dry cover?
there is absolutely no molding in your local lowed or home depot that would work??? something like the 2 on the left and the one at top right??

JD
Site Admin

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stabilit-3-1 ... /202083288

3/16ths but should be able to squeeze over 1/4" enough to trim it

If you do not have a local Home Depot or your HD does not carry it, it is a very common building product and someone in your area should have it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.