Ceiling panel replacement

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

diddypc

The home was leaking, we've fixed that. But the ceiling panels suffered and are now sagging. I can replacements, but is it worth it? I'm thinking for the cost and time involved, maybe I should just get the textured paneling and screw up instead? The textured paneling is quite expensive but it will not sag like the original cardboard(or whatever it is) material. Suggestions please?
ScanImage07.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

I think I would use 3/8" sheetrock and do the whole room. The only problem could be where you make the break from new/old if it is a large opening such as living room to dining room trying to blend it together.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I am not aware of any replacement panels that are available that will not show a huge difference in texture. As Greg said, replacement of MH panels to gypboard is the most common.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.