downspouts

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Norm Frechette

i have scoured the internet looking for replacement parts for the gutter downspouts shown above

the home is circa 1988 (plus or minus) and the porch is most likely a kit that was added on by the park owner many years ago

so i'm asking if anybody might have a source for these parts?

i have all of the metal pipe pieces but i'm looking for the plastic fittings that hold them all together.

my brother and i are replacing old weather beaten and sun dried out shutters etc, replacing broken plastic window knobs with die cast cranks, lubricating the joints of the jalousie window hinge mechanisms etc
Greg

I can honestly say that I have never seen round downspouts. You may find some Electrical conduit fittings that are the same size, Also Exhaust pipe fittings. The Exhaust fittings would be steel so there would be a rust issue down the road.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
1987Commodore

Those look like the downspouts on my Silvertop awning. I needed extensions on mine, and I'm pretty sure they used plastic electrical conduit, which just slipped over the aluminum pipe.
Norm Frechette

the pipes are aluminum and 1 3/8 inch outer diameter

i'll take a ride to my local lowes and home depot to maybe find some pvc pipe coupling that might fit the outside of the pipe
Norm Frechette

fixed for now

since the gutter is so narrow we found this mesh naterial to keep out the leaves