Painting Subfloor?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mh_doni49

I pulled the NASTY carpet from the front hallway and will be doing the same in the laundry area soon (the subfloor needs replaced in the laundry area). There are will also be a need to remove the vinyl from the floor in the kitchen as I'm installing new cabinets and in one particular location, the old cabinet covers more floor than the new will (the vinyl isn't under the old as it was installed by the previous owners).

Anyway..... It'll be a few years before I can really afford to do the vinyl plank flooring that I want to eventually do. So I've been looking at alternatives for the interim.

I just read a blog entry about painting the subfloor and it looks like it would have a really possibility.

http://mobilehomeliving.org/paint-your- ... -subfloor/

The only thing I'm wondering is how to deal with the seams in the sub-flooring. In a few places, there are very small gaps and sometimes slightly different heights. Any thoughts?
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)
Greg

There was a thread here earlier this year (and of course I can't find it) where someone had sanded and stained the subfloor. It came out beautiful.

If you, or someone else can find it, you may have your answers.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mh_doni49

Thanks. I found it. Actually... At first, I found another thread in which you commented about a "recent thread" where someone had stained the subfloor. And you provided a link to it.

Here's the first thread.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10600&p=55155&hilit ... oor#p55155

And here's the one that you were talking about. I'm gonna read through it now.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10004&p=54591&hilit=floor#p54591
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)
Greg

That's the one!!
Glad you found it.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."