How much paint for inside?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

My mobile home is 65 feet long, 3 bedroom 2 bath. I used ten gallons of paint doing the exterior, as it require two coats. The interior has already been painted with primer, so is it safe to assume that I can get away with one coat of paint? With all the interior walls and closets, it clearly has more surface area than just the exterior, so I'm guessing I will need at least 5 gallons if not more. My home is about 4 hours away from where I live now, so it's no small thing to make a trip out there. I'm almost willing to buy too much paint, just to get the job done and not have to go out again.

What do most of you end us using on the inside of a home this size? Somewhere between 5 and 10 gallons?

Thanks!
ponch37300

I just did a 16' by 70'. The kitchen is the first 16' and we painted that with about one gallon by hand. Lots of cabinets so not a lot of wall area to paint. We also used a quality primer for the whole trailer. Then I bought a 5 gallon pail of paint and sprayed the rest of the trailer with my airless sprayer and back rolled it. 5 gallons just barely made it I was almost ready to send a guy to get another gallon but we got it done and had a little left over for brush touch ups. So about 6 gallons total, one gallon of one color for the kitchen and 5 gallons of another color for the rest of the trailer.

But there is a difference in coverage between box store paint and an actual paint store paint.