Can I Use This Tool On My Roof?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rockncountry101

I had a contractor put on a roof on my home. He got the pieces lined up but the overhang is 5 1/2 inches wider on the front end than on the back end. Can I use an electric nibbler to cut a straight line? I'm worried about burring the edges but I was told that it wouldn't.
JD
Site Admin

If this is a commercial duty nibbler, it should work well. You have to keep the metal locked in tight while you move along so you can keep a continuous line. Even a less expensive unit should work but may have some trouble where the metals overlap. Also, Weiss offset style snips would work, but will wear out your forearm. Still good to have to dress up any goofs along your cutline. These are just modified aviation snips and work well cutting clean lines in sheetmetal. Red handled "Left Cut" snips are easiest for right handed people Green-right for wronghanders.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wiss-Left-an ... vZc235Z1mr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Norm Frechette

bring back the contractor and have him finish the job he started
Greg

Green-right for wronghanders.

Excuse me, but us Lefties are the only ones in our right mind!!!!

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."