Interior Doors

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

FLIENLOW

Hi All- Since I am new to mobile home remodeling, I am bound to make mistakes. Fear not, I did.
The interior doors in our mobile were crap, so I ripped them out. I figured I would just buy new prehung ones and install them. That is when I got my education. It appears that everyone and their brother make replacement door leaves, but no one makes jamb, sells jambs,
even cares about jambs or my jambless plight.

Now, in my defense, I did save the Jamb material, but it was Sawsall'd and pounded out with woeful disregard. I could put the 3 piece Jamb system back in. but I am it would look a bit wonkey, and how would I get the doors to align right, be square ect ect.

Am I missing something, surely someone has to make a replacement for these?
JeffInFL

I picked up a split jamb prehung door to replace the door going from the living room to the master bedroom. When I went to install it, I realized the split jamb was designed for 2x4 wall framing, and my place uses 2x3 for most of the interior walls. Oops.

For the other 2 bedroom doors, I have all the old drywall/paneling removed and I'm going to piece together my own jambs from stuff at Home Depot. Fortunately, I can reframe the doors if I need to.
Greg

Ok it may be a little late, but the FIRST thing you want to do before starting any remodel work is to make sure your home is level from the start. If not EVERYTHING you do is going to be off level.

Now back to your problem. Door jams are not too hard to make. Most home centers have jam kits that you put together. Depending on your stud size you may have to rip them down to fit.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
FLIENLOW

Thanks Greg, She gets leveled tomorrow! Then the day a new roof. I will go see what the home depot has to offer tomorrow.