No power on electrical circuit

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

chrismc_us

Hello, we have a Fleetwood double-wide, made in 1999 I think. Every summer, we lose power to one of the circuits in the house, the outlets on this circuit are on the opposite side from where the main power enters. This happens once the daily high reaches about 90+ degrees, and the power comes back on once the weather gets cooler.

Every outlet on the circuit has no power. There are no GCFI outlets on this circuit and the breaker is working fine.

Any ideas on how I can begin troubleshooting?

Thanks!
ponch37300

As a general rule the forum doesn't discuss electrical issues. Troubleshooting over the internet is difficult.
Greg

I would contact a qualified Electrician, My guess would be a connection at the outlet on that circuit that is closest to the breaker box. If you have the modular type outlet/box style I would almost bet on it.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
chrismc_us

Makes perfect sense, I'll remember that. Thanks for the info!
chrismc_us

I turned out to be the first item on the circuit, light switch. I shut off the breaker, unscrewed it and wiggled it. After turning the breaker back on the power was back. I will replace it.
Mark440

An easy way to find a problem like this is to use a lamp or radio plugged into one of the dead outlets. Just bang on each outlet and switch in the dead zone - and generally you will get some momentary power (seen with the flickering lamp or a blast from the radio).
Opportunity has a shelf life.