Kitchen Sink Question

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

UmpJJ

I have a 1999 Patriot with pex piping throughout. The cold water in the kitchen sink suddenly has very little pressure. The hot is fine (it's a 1-handle faucet), and other cold water supplies in the bathrooms and outside faucet are fine. Just the kitchen sink. I've pulled the strainer on the end of the faucet and it's clean.
My question is, if I pull the entire faucet and disconnect the cold water supply line, am I liable to find it plugged with "something" near the faucet connection? Or should I look elsewhere?
Thanks in advance!

UmpJJ
Greg S

I would suspect it is the fixture that is defective.
To test reverse the hot and cold lines to the tap and see where the low pressure problem is.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Greg

There may be some crud in the valve/cartridge. as long as you have it disconnected try blowing back through the faucet and see if anything comes out.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JeffInFL

Do you have well water? This happens to my toilet .. once a month or so, I disconnect the water supply line and purge the water line into a bucket .. the first cup or so comes out looking pretty rusty. Fortunately on the toilet side there's a removable filter, so I clean it out, hook the water back up, and I'm good for another month or two.