Wall switch for ceiling lamp fixture

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

MizFurball

The last few days, I have noticed that when I flip the switch for the light in the pantry, it flickers before it lights up. Last night, I tried tapping on the switch cover and that made it flicker. I went across the street today and asked my buddy Rafa to look at it. It needed a new switch and he installed that for me. Unfortunately, it is upside down. Can I open it up, unscrew those two screws, rotate it, and just screw it back in? Would I have to turn off the house power to do that? (Oddly, the switch for my (nonworking) garbage disposal suffers from the same problem, but that was from before I moved in.)
countrydan

Yes you can just unscrew and flip. Turn off power from the box first if you do not know electric. Be careful not to twist wires, etc.

Not sure id trust rafa again if he didn't even get the orientation right. I'd check the connections and etc while I was in there myself...
bobfather99

Piece of cake once you MAKE SURE the power is off at the breaker. You DONT want to get "zapped".
Tip your bartender.....
MizFurball

Okay, thank you countrydan and bobfather99. Rafa is such a sweet fellow but his English is not all-encompassing. I may bring him over with his wife so we can have a laugh on him, and he will turn it for me.

Sorry, bob, I don't have a bartender. Where do I get one? LOL