Kinro window

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

raymondjay

I have a single hung Kinro window that has a crack in the upper pane. The bottom window can be removed easily, but I wonder if and how to remove the upper window so I can get it repaired. I have searched the internet for an hour and there is nothing about removing the upper window. Is there a way or do I have to replace the entire window?

Thanks.
Greg

Some windows of that type are not repairable easily. Some have clips that hold them, others use the window frame its self.

You may want to think about replacing the widow with a quality double hung window. It would not take much more work and may not cost much more.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
DaleM

You will have to remove the entire unit and board up the hole for a few weeks. Kinro makes "cartridges", those are preassembled sealed glass replacements for their windows. Normally you have to take the window unit to a glass guy so he can remove the old cartridge and install the new one. That costs about $200 in our area, not including labor to pull siding, remove and replace window unit after repair and reinstall siding. In the long run I recommend just replacing the entire window unit.