replacement range vent

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

buckmaster27012

another issue is my range vent damper has broke and is letting in cold air bc it will not fold back down. where can i find one of these at i've looked online and at lowes with no luck. thanks

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac20 ... 2fa074.jpg
Greg S

Buy a standard vent from any of the home building stores and modify it to fit the opening. They have them for stove vents, dryers, furnaces etc. Just get one big enough to cover the existing opening and don't worry about the shape. Then modify the hose to conect to the existing range vent line. It dosn't need to fit perfect just make sure it is installed water tite on the outside.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Greg

Measure it up and check the home centers, It seems like I got one at Lowes a few years ago.

You can always pull the inside filter down and wrap it with foil to block the air from coming in.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

This may be a direct fit for you. Less messing around for it. The vent in the picture is one of a couple that might work for you and can be found here ----> http://search.mobilehomepartsstore.com/ ... th-flapper

It says roof vents, but just look lower on the page and there are wall vents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.