Looking for Manual for Martin SCF36M(B) Fireplace

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kidfam

Dear Forum Readers:

I am looking for the manual for the above fireplace. I know Martin Industries is long since gone and my internet searches have also failed. I hope someone here has a manual they could scan and email me please?

I am looking to extend my chimney sections outside the house and would really like to read what the manual says and what parts/part numbers I should look for.

Sincerely,
Larry Kidd
[email protected]
Greg

Try googeling "Manual for Martin SCF36M(B) Fireplace". I got 3 pages of sites, not sure if anny of them will help you.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
calderhill

Yeah, I too looked out of curiosity. Lots of limited parts on ebay but no manual or reference to one even on the company that bought them site, Monessen. Since this is, more or less a standard type of fireplace I would think that any place that sold and serviced them could help you.
Steve S.

Sorry I can't help with the manual...my fireplace is a Preway (another one of those prefab fireplace manufacturers now out-of-business). Why do you want to extend the chimney? Most Class A chimneys have standard dimensions and the pieces simply slide together, although there are many configurations, some are double-wall, triple-wall, solid insulation or air space between walls...if you remove the roof cap you should be able to tell what type of flue sections you have. Or better yet, hire an expert on fireplace installations.
UmpJJ

I did a bunch of looking online as well with no luck. The only thing I saw that made sense was the post that "the model is nearly 30 years old and it may be a better idea to pull it out and put in a new one."
Good luck!

UmpJJ
HouseMedic

This is all I could find.

Martin industries was bought out by monneson hearth systems . When they acquired the the company they didn't buy any of the liability . Which means parts for the Martin Industries fireplaces are gone. It will be time to replace your fireplace. Monneson did make fireplaces under the Martin name which are basically Monneson units with some cosmetic changes.

This is there site. Maybe there is some way to contact them or one of there dealers to see if they could help. http://www.monessenhearth.com/

Ron
Greg

You could check hearth.com, that is a site for wood heat. Perhaps someone there may have some answers.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."