Where to purchase drywall and floor boards

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

Apparently I need drywall panels that are 3/8 of an inch, which is not sold at places like Home Depot. Does anyone know where I can buy that size?

Also, I need ¾ inch plywood to fix a hole in the floor. Of the different grades available, can anyone suggest what would work best?

Thank you.
Greg

Lowes in our area has 3/8 rock. Call around to a few home centers & Lumber yards in your area.

Any 3/4 plywood or even OSB is better than Particle board.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
KLBoldon

I just got 3/8" rock from Menards for my bathroom remodel.
HouseMedic

If you have other Home Depots in your area they still might have it at the other stores. I have it here in my area at home depot. One store even carries 1/4" which I have used over paneled walls. I just glued it on then taped and compound.

Ron
ANav1982

@ Nestsman :

There's some good advice here given by Greg. If you're lazy and have the internet, I suggest looking up stores and their inventory online. Most major chain websites will let you lookup whether or not they have the item in your area. This feature is handy if you have several stores around you and you know exactly what your looking for and don't want to drive/call each store. Then again, I'm lazy and don't like having to run around doing research unless I can do it from the comfort of my Mobile Home.

Additionally if you don't see what you need from your local "Lowe's" store but another Lowe's (one that's say, 100 miles away) has it, you can usually request that item be shipped to whatever Lowe's is closest to you, free of charge (options for 'ship to store' should appear after you look at the items in your cart). If you have them ship it to your house, it's more expensive.

(PS : if you can't see the pictures try typing the URL in, it should lead you to the file so you have an idea what to look for :

Lowes : http://www.mydigitalplayground.net/user ... e-set.jpeg
HD : http://www.mydigitalplayground.net/user ... re-set.jpg
Thank you for your time.