(DID Search)Question RE installing new secondary main inside

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mh_doni49

Hi all.

I've read a few threads here talking about having a secondary main shut off inside. I very much want to do this. But have a few questions.

My water line comes out of the ground under the MH just a few feet back from my front door. My MH has two bedrooms and a full bath at the front then a LR & kitchen then a hallway with laundry then my master BR and last my master bath. The water heater is in my master bathroom.

The floor in the WH compartment has two water pipes coming out of it and connecting to the WH -- one is the cold supply and the other is the hot leaving the WH. Plus I can't imagine it traveling all the way back to the WH before the first T.

So should I find a place under the MH near the kitchen sink and cut the line, run a new line in under my sink put in the valve and run it back down to the main line?

TIA!
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)
1987Commodore

Where does the line enter the belly? To be sure you get everything off with one valve, you'd likely have to catch it near that point, before it T's off anywhere.
mh_doni49

I don't know where yet. A neighbor handyman is going to go under Saturday to check the status of my belly wrap and insulation.

I asked him to see what he could find about the water line while he's under there. I posted this message hoping for a little insight.
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)
Greg

Usually the main comes in near the water heater. In my case when the home was originally set up (22 years ago) the installer took a shortcut and opened the belly under the kitchen sink to save some tubing.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mh_doni49

Greg wrote:Usually the main comes in near the water heater. In my case when the home was originally set up (22 years ago) the installer took a shortcut and opened the belly under the kitchen sink to save some tubing.

Greg
The WH is all the way at the back and the water line comes out of the ground midway back (but closer to the front than the back). That seems like an awful long way to go while still in the uninsulated area below the MH. I really hope that's not the case. Even if it goes through the belly wrap and then goes back to the WH compartment, that seems like it would be better.
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)