Professional kitchen remodel

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lorne

We're deciding on various cabinets for our kitchen redo and I'm wondering if anyone here has has a pro do they're kitchen job. It will include new frige, dishwasher, sink, stove and roof vented range-hood.
Medical developments keep me from doing it all myself. I know how, just can't any more.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Greg

My first thought is that paying for a professional job could bring the price of the job to the point of more than it would be worth in returns. That said there may be a few qualified "handymen" that could do the job for less than a remodeling contractor. May be worth a few phone calls.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Lorne

You are absolutely right.
The initial estimate was $12,700 not including 3 new major appliances which would bring it to around $15-17,000. This would be almost 50% of the worth of our doublewide.

We decided to wait and replace each appliance as they fail and if all 3 fail at the same time then maybe we would reconsider using the much cheaper home depot cabinets.

Heck, the cabinet handles my DW picked out ended up being priced at $22 EACH totaling over $300 alone. No wonder this company can afford to have a great big retail store in the Mall down hear. I guess we both watch too much HGTV Kitchen Renovation shows.

Of course the cabinet man would add a big markup to each item, even if we bought something ourselves.
What a racket.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Aaronjohn

The kitchen has many functions in our lives and making the decision to design and build a kitchen to suit your lifestyle.
Aaron John
www.247torontolocksmith.com