Installing Security Cameras Without Eves To Hide & Shade

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

TomAllyn

My home only has hover hangs where on the sides under the awnings/porch/carport on both sides which is great for the Security Cameras I'm installing there as it provides both shade and a little stealth if I hang them up high. However, I also plan on placing one that pans on a rear corner that will cover both the back and one side. Actually, in the very front of my home, there is somewhat an "eve" I may choose to hang a camera there too.

We like other parks don't have sidewalks so it's against park rules to park on the street, but I have a problem with one neighbor who has visitors fairly often who park in front of my place instead of theirs and occasionally they mistakenly come to my place instead of his and disturb me at night. One that will cover that area too. Since I'm mounting the rear camera on a corner it somewhat limits what I can do to shade the camera so the sun doesn't cause glare. I have some ideas of my own, but I'm wondering whether you all have any ideas? By way, these cameras are not made for outdoor use but there are many third-party adapters to make them work outdoor and be weatherproof.

Also, one more question I have is since I don't know much about how Mobile Homes are built. The camera I'm installing on the rear corner I'm wondering if it would create some horrible issue if I drilled a hole to pass the cameras power cord through the upper part of the inside wall from inside out and passed the cord into my bedroom and use the closest indoor power outlet. Outside I would seal the hole with duct seal so no water would get into the wall. The power cords are just long USB cables so I couldn't pass the cable through one of those tubes for like TV cable because he USB connector on the cable would not pass through.

By the way, I hope this okay to do but the cameras I'm installing are called Wyze Cam & Wyze Cam Pan they are the most reviewed product I think I've ever researched online do to how great and how inexpensive they are. Google Wyze Cam if you all are interested. I have nothing to do with Wyze other than being on the many satisfied customers blown away by the price and quality.
Greg

I mounted mine inside the window when I was in the park. Since we moved out of that hole we don't need them.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
TomAllyn

The truth of the matter is I likely do not need them either. However, I receive a lot of deliveries and I'm alone a good deal of the time because my other half works and stays out of town during the week. For me, it's just a matter of precaution because I am also partially disabled can't shoot straight any longer.

My only security for years was Smith & Wesson but because of the nerve damage in my hand and arm, I cannot safely handle firearms any longer - Which sucks because for decades I was a waterfowl hunter and a fanatical fly fisherman and cannot do either anymore.