Furnace problems

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mrsgardner

Hello I have a E2EB-012HA Intertherm furnace. I am sure it is the origianal and it is in a 98 mobile home if I remember correctly. (this was my mother-in-laws trailer that we live in now.) Last year the heat worked fine and this year the air worked fine. Now it is getting cold and I turned it on last night and it would not come on. It clicks like it wants to come on and then clicks right back off. I took the panel off to see what I could see and I could see the coils heating up at the first click then click right back off and the coils would go back off. The fan works does work because I turned the fan on and it came on just fine. I can not find any fuses I've been reasearching on this this morning but there is a breaker well actually has one breaker I guess but it has two switches to turn on and off. The other day my son turned it on while I was in bed and I could smell it coming thru the vents so I think it may have been working then. But i couldn't say for sure by the time I got done yelling at him for messing with it in the first place he had already turned it off. My kids do have fingers that like to mess with the thermostat without me looking. Is it possible I may need a new thermostat? I hope you can help me figure something out soon since it is the weekend I know we will be suffing until I can get a tech here to look at it. Thanks!

Karen
DaleM

Sounds like the sequencer has failed. When heating the blower should start up right away along with one element. The other elements will come on line as the sequencer turns them on. Right now your sequencer is turning on an element but not the blower. You could also look for burned wires. Those are fairly common on electric furnaces.