Had duckwork sealed, said there was water in ducts

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

daratt17

Hi, and first let me thank you very much for being here to help. I have a mobile home with a heat pump outside, and the inside unit. I couldn't read the model number on the heat pump outside as it has faded, but it is a Nordyne, I believe 2 ton, and the number on the A coil? inside the house is Nordyne model C3QA-24U-B. Anyway, yesterday I had the ducts sealed by a contractor working through our utility company. The guys spent several hours sealing the ducts with mastic, and checked the pressure in the ducts before at 320 and when they were done it went down to 80, which they said was good. However, while doing all this the guy that went under the house said he had to poke a hole into one duct as it had water in it, and enough that it ran out for over a minute or two. When looking into the ducts we could see no sign of moisture. However, today I'm noticing that around the A coil there is a drip pan, and it does has some water in it. First off, is this normal, and second, if not who do I call?? Would it be HVAC repair person or someone else. Also, shouldn't the coil drain into a tube or something rather than my duct?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on social security and I need to make sure I call out the right people to fix this right the first time. Or if it's an easy fix maybe my son could help me with it. Thank you so much!
jpingram5

By drip pan do you mean the condensate drain pan that the A-Coil sits on? If so yes it is normal to have a little water in there. If your talking about a drip pan underneath the whole unit which would be there if the condensate failed an water overflowed then there might be a drain issue.

There's a few issue's I have come across in certain mobile home units such as sometimes the condensate blows off the a-coil and leaks down into the duct system. Or the other issue is you have condensate forming in the ducts because of poor insulation.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80