Water In Heating Ducts?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DaveJeep

Hey I just joined the forum.

I have major issue with a bad smell in the vents.(very bad disgusting which has gotten way worse this year) I had a duct cleaner and sanitizer come try to clean it out but they say it's too bad to do. There is a muddy like decomposing substance (he said maybe like leaves or something, but we have no trees near us that leaves come off of )in there, he said it's black and lots of moisture. He said duct cleaning machines are only for dust and dirt. So the major issue is in my main he said. He said to find out where the moisture is getting in, and to cut holes in the main and run a pressure washer down through the vents inside the house to try and flush it out. My chimney was leaking water a couple years but I had that fixed.

My trailer is a 1998 and it's 1272 sq/ft. We bought it about 6 years ago and smelled a bit of a smell in the vents which went away when running the heat in the winter. I live in Northern Canada and have no A/C.

Just want some input on what to do.
jpingram5

That might be a serious mold issue. You should have a contractor come out to test the substance to see what it is and possibly replace the duct system and maybe upgrade insulation to keep condensate from forming in the duct.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80