Blower blower out to side vice down

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

herbstoy

I have an older Intertherm Heatrite MGH-055-ABWK-06 furnace/AC unit. I no longer use the furnace only the AC. My issue is when the blower comes on the air sometimes(most of the time) blows to the side instead of down into the system. It seems to be stoped up, but not alway. Is there a vent or luvers I need to chech to let the air go to the vents?
flcruising

I'm afraid I don't understand the problem or question.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
herbstoy

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. When the blower starts the air does not blow down into the vent system. instead most of the aid goes to the side. It is as if there is a blockage in the furnace system before it gets to the vents. Is there something in the furnace that can stop the air from reaching the vints throughout the house?
flcruising

Please clarify what 'to the side' means..?

Does your unit not sit on/near the floor blowing down into the duct below?
herbstoy

The blower sets on top of the furnuce and is suspose to blow down beside the heat area of the furnace and the inside A/C part of the system and then into the vents. For some reason it sometimes blows out to the side. It acts like the vents are blocked the air does not go down into the system. When it does this I get little to no air thru the vents.
flcruising

I'm going to need a picture or diagram of what you are stating as it does not make sense to me still.
jpingram5

Usually there's a duct adapter they use for going from unit through floor to duct work. You have to get in there and see. It sounds like something is blocking up but only way to tell is to go look. Get a little mirror and try to see down in there or go underneath and try to see.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
Lorne

I had that problem years ago.
Below the furnace where the air enters the ducts there is a tin, wedged shaped deflector that sends the air to either side of the ducting so the air is more evenly distributed throughout the house.

In my case it had come loose and was blocking at least half of the air leaving the furnace.
I had a guy come out and fabricate a better one and then we had air to every part of the house.

Hard to describe, but think of a V turned upside down, splitting the air flow. Best I can think of.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.