Heat distribution

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jkarhinen

Any suggestions on a source for schematics for the heat distribution system where the furnace is installed next to the sidewall and there is one, yes only one, register, long and narrow, on a sidewall? Someone decided that flooring was more important than heat supply and floored over other registers....I'm trying to find information on the manufacturer as the last bill of sale only lists "mobile home"
JD
Site Admin

I had to find a hidden register once. I bent the end of some romex at about 6" and shoved it down the duct to find the old opening. I kept checking my progress with a flashlight and mirror. When it reached the hole I could feel it as the wire went past the hole and even felt the wire going over the other side edge. I could see the wire hook the first side as I pulled it back. I marked the wire and then yanked it out to measure it. With much anxiety I drilled an 1 1/2" hole and felt around. I was in the register hole (barely), all was good.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.