Humidifier installation on a furnace??

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

csferlisi

Ok. I have a Vexar by York furnace in my manufactured home. I am desperate to add a humidifier to get a little moisture into my home. But, when I look into the installation diagrams for whole home humidifiers, they show it being installed on both the supply and the bypass on the return. I am unable to find where on my furnace a humidifier can be installed. Does any one know?
flcruising

The type you are referring to is the by-pass humidifier. Supply air is circulated through a container that usually has a water saturated filter media. They also have a misting or atomizing type humidifier that simply sprays a fine stream of water into the supply duct.

After much contemplation, I on the otherhand decided on a much simpler and cheaper solution. One of these - http://www.amazon.com/Dundas-Jafine-CHK ... y_hi_img_b

Of course, this can ONLY be used on ELECTRIC DRYERS!

Our house humidity level went from about 15-20%, to a comfortable 35-45%. A humidistat is necessary so you don't overdo it too. We have a utility room that our furnace sits in with the washer/dryer. When the dryer is venting into the house, my wife simply switches the furnace fan ON to circulate the warmth.

I even know how I could make this operation automated, but the project is simple and reliable as it is. I think we've used this for 2 winters now, and I'm on the same set of $3 pantyhose to catch any lint that gets past the lint trap inside the dryer.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]