Crossover duct

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cmanningjr

I need to replace my crossovet duct due to critters. I saw some felx duct with rubber coating for use in the elements. I was told it was a bad idea because it would hold condensation. Any thoughts or advice? I dont have room for metal duct. Home is too low.

Thanks, Carl
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

Generally the flexible ductwork found here is what's recommended: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... 8/Ductwork

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
cmanningjr

Thanks, that will help.

I have another question, I have one bedroom in the back about 15-20 feet from the furnace. This room stays very cold in the summer and hot in the winter. Is there anyway to balance the air flow any better or is that just the nature of the mobile home duct work? Anyone else have this problem?
Mobile68

Provided that the ducting to the room is ok, you could get a register booster fan. It's an electric fan that sits on top of the register and consumes very little electricity, but will draw more air out of the duct.
Mark
Site Admin

Because getting air evenly to all rooms is basically the nature of the ductwork, I am a big fan of those booster fans that you mentioned just for that purpose. You can also get an inline duct fan, but those booster fans are quick and easy.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
cmanningjr

Well, I got it changed out yesterday. You guys who do hvac for a living, cudos to you. My home is too low for me to have the desire to ever want to go back under there. But Im glad its done and can tell a difference.