contractors

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

pgclerk1

My husband and I acquired our home from his mother approximately six years ago. Unfortunately, at that time we were not aware that it was a mobile home until we had moved in, and noticed that the home was literally "falling down" around her. Also unfortunately for us, the major problems were well hidden. The monies that we have invested in this property could have purchased a brand new home. But, nonetheless, we are here, (stuck). On the many times we've tried to find a competent contractor, we've run into the problems that they are just not experienced in working on this type of home. They have all come in, (even after warnings that this is not the typical "stick built") that they can get the job done. We live in Carneys Point, New Jersey. Can anyone recommend a competent, trusting and most definitely, experienced contractor? At this point we are looking for a contractor who can install a gas furnace without taking advantage of us. We have had three quotes, ranging from $3500.00 to $7000.0?.
Greg

Hi & welcome. We don't maintain a contractor's list here, there are just too many to try to check or recommend. The best advise I can give is to ask around, check the BBB, and make some phone calls.

Perhaps an other member that lives in the area can give a few names.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."