Heat Pump and where to find a good price

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Reinger

I am Currently looking to purchase a Heat pump 3 ton packaged unit for our mobile home to replace a 1992 2.5 ton Intertherm unit. I have scoured the web to find any bargains and while I have found a few sites with numbers to call no one returns the calls and one of them is listed with an F on the BBB. I pretty much have the unit picked out that we are going to install just not sure where we are going to purchase it from. I like the Goodman Prices but the number of negative reviews I have found has steered me away from looking at them anymore. has anyone on here had a good experience with a Goodman other than the initial price. ohh the unit I am looking at is a Rheem 3 ton 14 Seer Packaged Heat pump. I would go with any brand as long as they Aren't riddled with bad reviews. I have also had 5 qoutes from local installers varying from 5500 to 3800. any help would be much appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Goodman units of today are a lot different from the ones of old which brought about most of the bad reviews.

The biggest problem is more about the installers than the Goodman units themselves.

There are more higher end units, but don't rule out Goodman just by the bad reviews which don't tell all the reasons for the faults.

IF it is not a mobile home approved unit, be sure it comes with a blower motor compatible with the smaller mobile home duct system.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?