Cold Rooms

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

theclarks1

I dont know for sure if this is an HVAC problem or that its an insulation problem. Im looking at where to start. I have a 2003 Fleetwood Sandpointe thats 2200 sqft. The major problem is that the end of the house where the furnace is closest to is very warm, the other parts far end are very cold. in the bathroom and such it gets to 50 or so. I have sealed a few of the places where the bathtub drain and sinks and shower drains and supply lines come in. However it still really cold in there. Do you guys have any idea where to start...
Robert

Hi,

Remove all floor registers. Start at one end, lay light down in duct pointing to next register.

Go to next register, hold a mirror down in the duct and look back at light.

Continue this on both halves of home ducts to inspect ducts.

You can also lay a digital camera in the duct at each register and take pics in both directions.

Load the pics to your computer and enlarge to get a great view of your ducts.

Also look down in each register and see if any duct connections have come apart.

Inspect under the home to ensure the crossover duct is not loose, kinked, torn or clogged.

If all is ok and airflow strong from each register, then make sure there are no gaps, holes or insulation lapses allowing cold air in and heated air out.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
theclarks1

Thanks for the reply, the only problem that im wondering about is in the bathroom. the rest of the house stays really warm. Ill check out the bathroom ducts.. could it be possible that its just where its a long run? if i kept that room and my bedroom on that end closed off, the rest of the house would be fine.
Robert

IF there are no leaks or openings and good airflow throughout, should be ok. I wouldn't close off any registers, can have adverse effect on ducts, especially in a mobile home.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?