Need to install a furnace

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cmgtoh

We are in Toledo, Ohio and just purchased a 'handyman special'. Basically this is a mobile home that has been striped. All furnaces and hot water tanks are pulled and sometimes the previous owners strip things too.

We have the options of either electric or natural gas. We can change the closet it is in since we need to put in walls anyway so altering the size is not that big of a deal. It is about 1050 s/f. with 3bd/2bth.

Any suggestions? So far the duct work looks in good shape.
Greg

Hi & welcome. It sounds like you are doing a total rehab job. I would do some shopping, get prices and go in the direction that makes the most sense money wise. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
rookie35

In my opinion I think electric heat is much cheaper than natural gas. I don't know how much a gas furnace will cost you upfront but I bought an electric furnace 1.5 yr ago for 600. And my electric bills in that time have been average 150 summer and 200 winter for a 16x80. That is with central ac in the summer as well. I used to have gas bills that high and even higher than that and that didn't even include the electric. Not to mention it was a snap to install but the wires were still there for me.