electric furnace blower noisy

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

barrybsmith

Hey,

I have a Central Electric Furnace Intertherm model FEH-010HA
It is making alot of noise here lately any suggestions?
barrybsmith

I think the motor is going out...does anyone know where i can get one?

Motor:
Franklin Electric 8715620130
240v 60hv 1050rpm
1/8 hp 1.8a
gordo48111

Hard to believe no one has responded to your question. Any electric distributor should have a motor that will replace yours. In my area we have a place called Universal Electric. You need to look for a frame number on the specs label. It will start with FR. That will ensure you get the correct physical size of the motor itself. I have always found it best to take the original motor along to match up with the replacement. Make sure you don't go any lower than the amp rating that is on the original motor. Also make sure the rotation is the same, i.e. cwle (clockwise lead end) or ccwle (counterclockwise lead end). Some universal replacement motors allow for reversible rotation but my experience is that these motors have a shorter life. A longer shaft is not a problem if you have to settle for one of those. Simply use a hacksaw to cut the excess shaft, if necessary, and file away any burrs to allow the blower wheel to slide over the shaft end.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
Robert

Do you have heat only or heat and a/c ?

I had knee surgery Tuesday and have been away from office since.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gordo48111

Actually, you should be able to order a replacement motor here. Robert can give you the link.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
barrybsmith

Hey,

I took it apart and greased it up with some old grease i had laying around and the noise went away for about half the day and came back any suggestions?
Robert

Answering my question would help. Then I can give ordering info if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
barrybsmith

Hey Robert,

Heat only.
Robert

Hi,

Blower Motor # 902512

Run Capacitor # 622535

Both can be seen and ordered here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... 2512-motor

Then type run cap p/n into search window and add to cart/basket.

Due to cost of replacement motor, you can call Mark @ 605-229-2627 on Monday and see if he has one compatible for a lesser amount.

May or may not, but worth a try. He will need motor diameter and length, shaft diam. and length, motor rpm and hp.

Thanks,
Robert