heat ducts

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dave8090

Hi, I'm new to the mobile home ownership,I have a question regarding my mobile home heating and cooling floor registers. I have a double wide, the floor vents on the east side of my home blow warm,but the floor vents on the west side either have nothing coming out of them or they blow cold air when the heat is on, should i be looking underneath by each register or back by the furnace where i assume the run starts.what am i looking for? thanks
1987Commodore

There should be a crossover duct connecting the two sides together. If you look under the home. you'll probably find it disconnected.
jpingram5

Yes, on double wides there is usually a crossover that connects 2 main supply ducts. it might be a big flex duct with insulation. theres a pretty good chance its under the belly so you'll have to locate the trunks and dig through insulation for it.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
Greg

lets move this to the heating section. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Look for the cross over duct running from one half to the other. It is down below belly so easily seen.

It may have come loose, become torn, crushed or kinked or collapsed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Lorne

We had a double wide with a Coleman Gas heater and the point where the hot air blew down to the round ducts was poorly divided, so too much air blew to one half of the house. With some sheet tin and a lot of swearing I was able to create a better split and equalize the pressure. The above suggestions about the crossover ducts might be the bigger problem. Time to crawl under I think. Or call a heating man. Well worth the money that you'll save in wasted heat.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.