Intertherm Heater Sucking in Cold Air

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

TJW826

I am sorry i dont know where the model number is, it is in a double wide UBC home. It is sucking in more cold air from the bathrroom ceiling vents, from under exterior doors or the smallest of cracks at sliding door etc
I found a similar issue in another site Askme.com that directed me to you. For herblee on May 24th 2010, about a Miller furnace that he had put in as a replacment heater.
However, my heater is the original heater and I bought this home new in 2004. I have never felt the heater worked very well. I called a HVAC friend and he had me check the heat exchange unit under the heater in the crawl space and it was open and letting heat loose there in to the rafters under the house. We duct taped that up, but didn't resolve the issue of the heater sucking in cold air every where. Any idea what I need to do or have done?
Robert

Seal around any and all openings that draws in cold air or allows leakage of heated air.

There are several ways and means of doing this, depending on your ability and finances.

Do that first and see if that alone resolves it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
flcruising

TJW826 wrote:...the heat exchange unit under the heater in the crawl space and it was open and letting heat loose there in to the rafters under the house...
You describe a heat exchanger under your home? Are you referring to a package unit that sits outside and ducts into the home from underneath?

If sounds to me that you have a supply air leak that needs to be sealed because it's causing negative pressure inside the home.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Robert

That has been covered Aaron, thanks anyway.

Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?