Furnace Smell

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

malakhi

I have a mobile home with a forced air oil furnace from 1984. I recently had a bunch of repairs done on the furnace. When the furnace cuts in full blast, it's ok, it will cut down and is still running (cooling off?), the furnace will then cut in full blast again for 5 minutes and that's when it smells like diesel exhaust coming out of the vents. We have been told it will go away, it has been 3 to 4 days.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
rookie35

I don't know anything about the oil furnaces but one time with a natural gas furnace I had,
it was smelling like unburned gas and burning my eyes. It turned out so simple I would not have believed it, but it was because the front metal door was not on right.
just check it out.
Robert

I have very little oil furnace experience, but enough experience to know "it will go away" don't feed the bulldog.

Get a reputable hvac company out to correct this or demand the hvac service company who told you that to correct it asap.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?