Reccomendation for New RV Roof Mount Air Conditioner?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dave1

Our 1989 8' x 35' Hy Line brand RV park model trailer has a Coleman brand, roof mounted AC, and it is time for replacement. The only numbers I can find on the unit is: model # 67590707 and serial # 128807307. The AC breaker is 20 amp and the wiring is 12 gauge so I am guessing the existing AC unit is a 15,000 BTU unit.

I have called the local RV shops and they all stock the new model DuoTherm Brisk Air units and the Coleman units in 15,000 BTU size with the new 410A refrigerant. The Coleman unit is $70 more expensive. I am told I can replace with either brand of unit as they both fit the 14" x 14" hole in the RV roof.

When considering quality, dependability, warranty, warranty service, ease of installation, etc. which brand unit is better or more preferred?

Thanks, Dave
JD
Site Admin

I guess our members aren't able to recommend one over the other. I know I can't. Let's move this post to "All Other HVAC Questions" and hopefully get some opinions there.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Robert

Hi,

Since I do not deal or work on RV units, I cannot give any advice on this.

Both brands are well know in the RV industry though and should be fine either way.

I would go in to the RV dealership and talk to them in depth, maybe even talk to one of the RV HVAC Techs.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?