OTHER hvac

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

GraceNC

I'm posting here in the 'other' forum-
besides the main heat sources listed, what are the other ones? I've lived without heat for 2 winters and can't take another winter....it's time to get my heat squared away.

I have to have maintenance free, as in if it breaks- fix it myself or toss it out and get a new one (like baseboards).
Any ideas? I'm looking into baseboard (regular and hydronic-but what's the real difference?) and those PTAC units....any advice would be appreciated. I already have my ac done, through the wall units, all Energy Star with thermostats so my home stays cool on it's own....not messing with controls.

I bought this one LG a/c-heater for $500 at Home Depot but the fan for the heater NEVER turns off while in heat mode. So I only use it for a/c.
Robert

Hi,

Other means any not listed. I do not do any work with baseboards and do not have any info on them.

PTAC units are fine in some situations, just be sure the wall can handle the weight.

Haven't worked on one in years though, so cannot give any info on brands styles of today.

No hvac system is going to be maintenance free and several situations can be non DIY.

Throwing out and replacing is not a good idea as it could cost way less to have it repaired than to replace it.

As for the LG unit from HD, should still be under warranty if recently bought, call and have it checked.

Talk to local contractors, dealers and research online for different types heat wanted.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?