A-Coil making noise after cutting off???

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

astegall1978

I have a Question, I have a Intertherm heat pump in a 99 clayton single wide. I cleaned the A-Coil a couple a months ago, I have noticed now when the unit cut's off there is a whining kinda sound for about a min or two after. Its not the blower or moter, it sound like it is coming from the A-Coil. It has always made a couple of funny sounds but not everytime. Please if you know anything about please give me some advice....All so it is 10 yrs old. What kinda service should have done to it to keep it running good...its been a long while since it was serviced.

Thanks for any info you can give me..,
Allen Stegall
Robert

Hi Allen,

Could just be the pressures equalizing, but without being there, can't be for sure. A-Coil, blower motor and wheel should be cleaned once a year along with outside heat pump condenser coils.

May want to call and hvac tech to ensure nothing serious is wrong or about to be.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
astegall1978

thanks i will look one up and have then check it out for me....
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?