Gas Pack Installation

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jerome b.

I have a 1700 sq ft MH. Last summer the AC evap started freezing up. After replacing filters, cleaning coils, it was determined that the freon level was low. The house and hvac system is 18 years old. I am in the market for a package unit gas pack. I am also on a fixed income, (retirement). I have a mechanical background and did install a gas fired boiler in a previous house. The models that I'm looking at,(Goodman and Rheem 3 ton 90,000 btu) have a square to round adapter using 14" ducting. I located a filter box for the inlet, (where the current gas furnace is sitting), so I can use the 14" duct to that box. The house has rectangular duct work however. Question is, can the flexible duct be re-configure to slip over the existing rectangle duct or will I have to purchase a "round to rectangle" adapter to tie in the two? If so where can these adapters be found?

I am new to this website and have found it to be very informative.
Robert

Hi,

Call Mark toll free at 1-877-263-7860. He should have it in stock or be able to get it quickly.

It is a supply duct connector adapter collar that you have to cut out the duct to attach it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jerome b.

I appreciate the quick response. I will be getting in touch with mark on the adapters.

Jerome B.
Robert

Hi Jerome,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?