electric heat

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DannyBob

:D

a general question ...

*I* have a 1995 Fleetwood 'single' ... live in South central Texas ...

??? would anyone care to opine as to how much longer *I* "MIGHT" expect the electric heat coils to operate during the winter ... ???

*DAN
Seguin,TX.
"Remain calm --- it's all KARMA "
Greg

I'll make you a deal, tell me when warm weather will be here, and I'll tell you how much longer the heat will be on. Oh as long as you are at it, about the stock market & lottery numbers!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
DannyBob

??? what ???

*I* axt a valid question ... ??? how much longer might *I* expect my electric heat to operate, seeing the unit is 1995 ... ???

*DAN
"Remain calm --- it's all KARMA "
redneeckgirl

Sorry to interject DannyBob.... I'm not the pro here, but to me your question looks confusing. Are you asking what you can expect the life span of your furnace to be? If so I assume it would be helpful to list your furnace model, if you can't locate it I'm sure these folks can point you in the right direction to finding it. To my understanding it's the model of the unit and how well it's been maintained not just the year and make of your home.
1997 Shultz 16X80, shingle roof, vinyl siding. NE Indiana.
Working on a 'face-lift' remodel so we can sell and move to Florida.
Greg

Since you seem to be asking about the lifespan of the unit I'm moving this to the heating section Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Hi Dan,

No set in stone time table. If they have been kept clean, furnace manintained, no surges, correct voltage and amp draws, no moisture, etc, etc,,,,,,,,,,I have seen them last 20 years and only last 5 years.

When they go, they can be replaced or if no longer available, they can be restrung with new heating wire coils.

With that said, at 15 years old, if feasible, I would replace or restring now. I would also replace the sequencer and limits if not replaced recently.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?