New Thermo Pride furnace needs air

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

myboyrusty

Happy Thanksgiving.....I just replaced a Miller oil burning furnace with a Thermo Pride. With the Miller I could keep the closet door closed. The new furnace needs a Louver/grill whatever you call it installed in the closet door. The intake is so strong it sucks the door in towards the grill of the furnace and the furnace needs more air. The door is 1/2" thick and the grill of the furnace measures 14 and 1/2 " by 25 and 1/2".Where can I find a louver that size to install in the door? Can't find one at home depot.
Thanks,
Dave
Greg

You may end up buying 2 grills, one for each side of the door. Most mobiles use either a full louvered door, like a closet door or just cut a square out of a hollow door and use one panel. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Hi,

Did you do the replacement install or have someone do it ?

Where did the Miller get the return air from if closet was closed with no louvers ?

You have to ensure that you get into the closet the same amount or more of the free air space of the furnace return grille.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
myboyrusty

Thanks fellas....the closet door is only 5 ft from floor to the top of the door. Above that is an opening with a wooden like grate...pretty much near the ceiling. The fins on the Thermo pride are pretty wide apart and suck the door closed.The miller grill had smaller openings and did not suck the door shut.I am going to try to find a louvered door that will replace the solid door.I'll tell you one thing...this Thermo pride heats the home really quick compared to the miller. They tried fixing the miller but were sent 3 defective heat exchangers from them...they apparently don't know how to weld at that co.
Thanks again..happy holidays to you both.
Robert

Hi,

You;re very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?