Winterizing your home!

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

airsoftamazon

Hello, I'm new to this forum and have been watching it for a while. I've looked around through the search function but wasn't able to find anything specific for my question. I have a 2002 model Liberty SW and everything is electric and no gas anything. As far as checking the heating system and cleaning, how is the ac/heat set up typically, and what do I do to make sure it's cleaned? Thanks. This is my very first post by the way :mrgreen:
"Give a hoot, Don't pollute"
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

I seperated your post from the thread you attached to. This is a HVAC question. I will move your thread there and the tech can respond. Please read the posting tips for that forum. Without additional info the tech can not always answer your questions promptly.

Thank you,
Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
airsoftamazon

O.k. I wasn't sure what it was called so I wasn't sure where to post it. I don't fully understand the components of my ac/heating system. I know from the wall switch, I have both and they are obviously functional. I hear people talking about heat pumps and all, but I don't know if I have one or not or how all that works. I live in a 2002 Liberty SW 14x76, the ac is on the outside of course, but where is all the heating stuff? I guess I need to check/clean it to be safe. Any help is welcome. Thanks.
"Give a hoot, Don't pollute"
Robert

Hi,

Furnace should be in alcove, closet, laundry room ,etc., check all to locate it.

Look at outside a/c unit, follow copper refrigerant lines (2of them, one small and one bigger) from unit under home and see where they go up through belly/floor.

That is where the furnace will be inside home, closely above that spot.

Then get model numbers from furnace and outside a/c condenser.

Furnace will be on lower furnace facing after removing door(s) on a data sticker or nameplate.

Condenser will be on outside of unit if still legible.

With so little knowledge, would be good to allow an hvac tech come out and go over some stuff with you for first time.

Let us know the models and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?