Bryant Furnace and AC

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

VictoryIsMine

Hi,

I received three quotes from three different HVAC companies to replace my furnace and AC. One recommended Coleman, and another recommended Miller. Both of these, I know, make manufactured housing furnaces. The third quote, however, recommended a Bryant furnace and AC. I'm not really partial to any brand, but I'm not seeing anywhere that a Bryant furnace can be used in a manufactured home. The furnace model is 350AAV036060 Plus 90. I liked this furnace due to it's efficiency and decent price, but I just don't see how it will work in my house. Is this possible? I don't know the model of the home or any of that, but it is a double wide sitting on a foundation. It has the orignal ducting from what I can tell. Please tell me there is some miracle that this furnace will work.

Thanks,
Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

Is it a gas furnace ? If so, it must have a manufactured housing HUD approval rating for use in a manufactured home.

IF it is electric furnace, as long as it fits, it's fine.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
VictoryIsMine

It is a gas furnace. Other than code, what would the implications be if it was placed in my home? Are there any ill effects in doing this?

Thanks,
Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

The ill effect is it is dangerous and reason for it being against code.

IF it is approved for manufactured housing, it will have a sticker saying so.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
VictoryIsMine

Do you know if Bryant makes anything approved for Manufactured Homes? I can't find anything online. The estimator said everything will work fine, but I continue to have my doubts.
Robert

IF it is approved for manufactured housing, it will have a sticker stating it is.

Call Bryant and ask them, I don't have any info on their units.

Thanks,
Robert