Mobile Home a/c questions

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

millermom

Hello, this is my first time posting, hope you can understand what I'm trying to say & explain.

I own a 32x64 mobile home I think a/c 4 ton. Last year we had a problem and our a/c fan went out. At that time our compressor shot down it made a popping & crackling noise, and the compressor was slightly orange instead of black.

Before summer we had it service, the tech said everything check out OK. While he did the service wouldn't he have notice if anything was wrong.

Since then we had to clean the filter & defrost the coils. We live in Phoenix and the weather here gets very hot up in the 115 degrees.

Someone said to check the temp coming out of the vents it's about 60 degrees, place my foot above the vent about a foot away and could slightly feel the air.

Question, the air seems like it's not coming out strong/hard enough & to me it seem cool not cold. We keep thermostat set at 75, midday it goes up to 80. The a/c seem like it not keeping up and my husband say it also seems like the a/c is constantly running.
Robert

Hi,

Yes, IF there were anything wrong, the tech should have discovered it.

You will need a qualified hvac tech to do a number of tests on units to determine if it is doing all it can or if there is a problem.

Too many variables to attempty that here without the results of pertinent tests.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?