Replacing my own furnace

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dunebuggy

My 1970 vintage mobile home at the lake has a Coleman presidental 70,000 btu input which is now a Coleman DGAA070. Can I replace it myself ? I have done plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc. Is it dificult ? How long should it take ? IS there a website dedicated to this ? Thanks in advance to all who take time to help me. jeff.....
jeff broughton
Robert

Hi Jeff,

It can be done DIY if you are handy enough and comfortable/experienced with disconnecting/connecting gas lines and flues/roof-jacks.

That said, most warranties will become void if not installed by a licensed hvac tech.

Home insurance policies could also become voided if a fire or problem arises.

Things to consider before starting such a task.

How long would depend on your abilities.

IF a/c is also installed, need a certified hvac tech to disconnect the a/c lines first and remove drain line..

Then, disconnect electrical, gas lines and remove furnace after removing screws/etc. from furnace.

Always replace with new roof-jack when replacing any furnace.

Be sure the dimensions are same or compatible also so it will fit.

On gas furnaces especially, I always recommend having them installed by an hvac tech for safety.

Good for any furnace install, but even more so for a gas furnace, plus you keep the warranty that way as well.

Don't know any sites dedicated to this.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?