duct work moisture problem (did I do it right?)

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jas7865

Heres the deal I let a buddy install new hvac system witch was Evcons new 95% system made for manufactured homes 1600 cfm witch seems to be a fine upgrade if your willing to spend the cash, well the problem is I wanted to do away with the flex ducting to stop the mice and go with 12" metal duct for the trunk lines to the plenum he said they would sweat so I asked him if we could put 14" flex over them and we did, then I also wanted to pipe the addition on the house with two 6" ducts witch we piped off of the front trunk line (dont know if that was the right thing to do) and we did and I wraped these with the the aluminum backed self adhesive insulation fom home depot and now Im getting extreme amout of sweating, should I have stayed with the plastic insulated flex duct or is there another way to insulate? Im starting to smell midew in garage coming from the crawl space entry, but not in the home, the mobile home is a 4 Seasons JJ11 60X28
Robert

Hi,

The best solution here would be calling an hvac tech to inspect and advise on what is needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?