window a/c question

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Carmen

It has finally quit raining in our little corner of SW Virginia, and the heat has come. I have 3 window units in my 14x70 mobile home, which seem to cool us adequately. However, my small unit is only one year old and is now leaking from the front of the unit onto the inside carpet and floor. There does not seem to be a way to tilt it back to make the condensation run out the back as it was once doing up until 2 days ago.

It is a small Samsung from Lowes. The filter is clean. Anyone have any ideas that a 65 y/o Granny can handle herself? Any advice is much appreciated.

Carmen
Mountains of VA
Robert

Hi Carmen,

It takes some tilting and adjusting, but it must be tilted slightly downward toward the outside ground.

Use a small strip of wood under the bottom flange can often help.

Get a friend, relative, neighbor to assist and it shouldn't be too hard to get it adjusted.

It probably vibrated out of the original angle it was mounted at.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Carmen

Thanks Robert, your solution worked! I grabbed my neighbor and the "fix" took about 2 minutes.

Carmen
Robert

Hi Carmen,

That's great, congrats !!! You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?