The Insider

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Adam-Holland

Hello,

I have a 1995 Clayton Mobile home with the inside unit called "The Insider". I have replaced the motor on the top part of the unit but now we are having a huge rattling sound on the bottom part of the unit behind the coils. I cannot get around the coils nor on the side of the unit with it being such a tight fit. Can I go through the back side of the area from my closet to get to this rattling unit? I was hoping there was another fan below that just needs tightening of possibly remounting. I can always put an access panel in the wall if I need to cut through to get to the unit. Just wanted to see if the condenser coils go all the way down in the back or is there a chance I can get in there and repair this unit.
Thank you.
Robert

What is brand and model number of furnace ?

Gas or electric furnace ?

Can you take pics of it ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Adam-Holland

Brand: The Insider
Model #: CDHP36A100B

Furnace: Electric

I will get some pics for you and send. I will get pics of entire unit and some of where the rattling is coming from.
Robert

The Insider would be the model name, what brand/make is it ?

Coleman, Intertherm, Miller, etc... ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Adam-Holland

Hi Robert,

I just wanted to give you an update on this unit. I did some checking and the brand is The Insider. The company that makes this unit is now out of San Antonio, Texas. They bought the unit about 8 yrs ago. Parts are hard to come by that are exact but any A/C company can help you with parts. The entire unit is in one place. U have to pull it out to get to both blowers. The top blower is easy to access but the bottom is a little bit more trouble. You must pull the sides off the unit. Then cut the wiring that connects the bottom blower. It is in there extremely tight but it can come out. I replaced that unit myself, hooked the wiring up from the new unit. Not too complicated but, make sure whoever puts the unit back in that they wire it correctly as it can send the fan clock wise or counter clock wise depending on how it is wired. I know you know this but, someone reading this might not know. So just wanted to pass this information along. I know if I would have known this I would not have panicked and done ALL the work myself. Instead I paid some a/c guy $400 to do something I could have done myself.