Um HELP!

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

nelliemoellering

I just bought a thirteen year old mobile home and when i removed the skirting there are big black tubes hanging from the bottom of the house, and in at least three of the rooms there is no air flow from the floor vents. Are these things related? It is like 112 degrees in my house and I am going to die. Can anyone tell me how much of my jewelry I am going to have to hawk to get someone to fix this problem.
Robert

Hi,

Is it a single, double or triple wide home ?

If double or triple, probably the cross-over ducts.

Be sure to find an hvac tech experienced with mobile home ductwork.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
nelliemoellering

It is a double wide, and the big black tubes are hanging almost to the ground in some places, this just seems not right to me.
Robert

Hi,

Ok, that is the crossover duct. It should connect to a collar from main duct trunkline under or near your furnace.

Then go over to other half of home duct trunkline and connect to a collar there.

Best solution is to install a hard metal 90* elbow to each collar.

Then if possible, run hard metal between them and wrap with barrier wrap insulation.

If not possible, then stretch flex duct tight betwen them.

You do not want rips, tears, kinks or sagging of any kind.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?