New Trane HP not cooling

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Michael

So I had a new Trane Heat Pump installed 4 months ago and thought that I would love it....
It lowered my elec. bill by 20 % compared to my old 25 year old coleman.
But....while the heating part of it is great, the cooling part sucks compared to the old R22.
The best this thing will do so far is lower the temp by 10 degrees and I'm thinking there has to be something wrong somewhere because outside temp is 90 and it only cools to 80?....

Any answers out there?...this unit has the new refrigerant that has come out....help?
Robert

Hi,

It is under warranty so first step is to call the installer.

Secondly, the refrigerant in unit will not make it cool less than before and is a non issue.

IF it is a packaged all in one outside unit, be sure blower motor and unit are compatible for mobile home ducting.

IF it is a split system, be sure the evaporator a-coil is compatible for mobile home units and ducting.

IF those are ok, then there is an installed issue that should be found and corrected.

Was an ACCA Manual-J Load Calculation done to detremine proper size unit needed ?

Was it then matched to the ducting in the home ?

Is there adequate airflow, but just not cool enough ?

Is return the proper size ?

Lots of questions and ifs that can only be answered by the one who installed it or a second opinion from an in person hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Michael

Thank you Robert for the reply

Yes it was under warranty and the problem turned out to be that the inside unit fan speed wasn't putting out air like it was suppose to...it is a variable speed unit and it was running on the low setting...
Now its freezing cold in here!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help. That's great news, thought it may be something like that.

Put on a sweater, LOL. Enjoy.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?