Gas Furnace Blower Motor

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mike M.

I just sent an e-mail to Robert because I didn't know how to post a question & now I found this link - sorry Robert. My blower doesn't run (DGAT070BDE Coleman gas furnace). Motor shaft was frozen - I loosened it (WD40) but it doesn't rotate freely. I applied 115vac to the motor (on my work bench) - motor hummed but didn't move - I think it's fried & I don't believe there is a run capacitor. Oh yeah, I need a manual too. Was I correct in my t/s? I think I need a motor. Having trouble removing the motor from the fan - I applied WD40 & have let it sit a couple of days. I intend to tap on the shaft to drive the motor out of the fan. The fan is in the sheet metal housing so I can't apply pressure to the fan. Any ideas? I can also apply heat to the fan hub which will expand it (I hope) & break it free. Good idea or not? Motor p/n 6208660 - Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Go here and read steps/tips for removing motor :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... lower.html

Can also get a blower wheel/hub puller and use that.

I wouldn't heat up the hub, it can cause it to separate from wheel.

Do you have heat only or heat and a/c ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Mike M.

Hi Robert - I just have heat. I have the blower assy out, the set screw loose & the motor partially backed out. The shock mounts are still in place & the circular clamp holding the motor is loose. Do you know of any place in Phoenix, Az that can replace the motor. I figure they would have the wheel puller for the fan. Also, this is a clean unit, not very old, just not used too often. I don't believe there is a run capacitor. Again, the model number of the furnace is (DGAT070BDE Coleman gas furnace). I used to have the manual wth the schematic but I mispalced it. Any where I can get one? Oh, by the way, I was getting a 4 flash warning light which was the limit switch (I presume the upper). Also, you'll laugh, my smoke detector was going off due to fumes which we could smell but not see. Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Don't know anyone in that area, so can't help there. You can call

toll free to Mark's store and order a wiring/parts diagram and a

homeowners manual at 1-877-263-7860.

Blower Motor # 7966-311P can be seen and ordered through

PayPal from left side of page here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?